The Cooke mini S4/I lenses deliver a smaller, lighter lens which offers the same resolution, optical quality and reliability as the S4/i. The lenses are equally suitable for shooting film and digital images up to and beyond a 4K resolution pipeline.
In addition the lenses include /i Technology, providing lens data per frame for downstream post production.
Like the S4/i lenses, the miniS4/i’s are designed for motion photography and they don't breathe.
All Cooke lenses are colour matched. This means miniS4/i and S4/i lenses can be mixed on a shoot with full confidence that the images will match.
Using /i Technology Means. . .
• You can have a continuous remote readout of the precise focus setting, T stop and depth-of-field from electronics inside the /i equipped lens so you will be able to see the actor in front of you and the focus setting on the lens beside you without turning your head or even having to move your eyes too much. ACs love it.
• You can digitally record vital lens and camera settings accurately, frame-by-frame, all synced to Timecode, instead of having to manually write down lens settings for every shot, eliminating human error. One task your script supervisor needn’t worry about.
• Normal operations on set are not affected. Metadata recording takes place without having to monitor or manipulate anything. Data records to digital or film recording medium or to an SD card. No specialists required on set and the DP needn’t worry about fussing with complicated accessories.
- The optics are designed to give maximum performance at full aperture with superior control of flare, distortion and spherical aberration
- Accessible via contacts in PL mount that sync with /i compatible cameras.
- All miniS4/i prime lenses are colour balanced to a specification within parameters approved by Kodak
- All miniS4/i primes have a true T2.8 aperture and cover Super 35mm format.
- Every index mark is labelled. More detailed markings allow for more detailed focus control.
- Our Academy Award® winning cam-style focus movement coupled with the added benefit of a large lens barrel diameter, has allowed for an increased number of focus markings, particularly at close focus. Spherical aberration has been controlled throughout the range of focal lengths to eliminate compensation of changes in back focus with aperture. A four-point contact bearing provides a smooth positive backlash-free movement.
- Arriflex PL Mount
- Large, clear numerals on both sides of the focus barrel benefit the focus puller when shooting under difficult lighting conditions
- All Cooke miniS4/i primes have a common fixed front diameter of 87mm, with a focus drive gear of 121T x 0.8 mod and an iris drive gear of 119T x 0
- An eight-leaf linear module iris assembly is fitted into miniS4/i primes with an aperture range of T2.8 to T22.
- The lenses are designed for all shooting applications, including handheld and Steadicam, providing comfortable balance ratio with the latest compact cameras
Reliability and Service
- miniS4/i prime lenses are designed to meet a market requirement for fully reliable performance with a minimum of downtime.
- Cooke mini S4/i 18mm prime
- Cooke mini S4/i 25mm prime
- Cooke mini S4/i 32mm prime
- Cooke mini S4/i 50mm prime
- Cooke mini S4/i 75mm prime
- Cooke mini S4/i 100mm prime
- in a customized flight case